Berlin Train Station (1900)

June 13th, 2015 Posted in Berlin, Renaissance Revival, Stations

Berlin Station

Built in 1900 for the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad, the Berlin train station at 51 Depot Road in the Kensington section of Berlin is considered to be one of the best preserved of Connecticut’s smaller historic railroad depots. Now serving Amtrak’s New Haven-Springfield line, the building has an original rounded walled ticket office in the waiting room. The station had structural renovations in 2005 but is awaiting a thorough restoration.

Update: Sadly, the station was gutted by fire on December 21, 2016. Deemed unsafe, the building’s ruins were demolished.

Post a Comment