Medad Holcomb, Jr. was a Guilford farmer who built a Greek Revival home on Fair Street around 1848. The house features expensive flush board siding on the front facade; the two pilasters on each side are later additions. Holcomb was the son of Medad Holcomb and his fourth of five wives, Nancy Parnel Dudley. When he died in 1871, he left the house to Sydney Dowd, a local temperance leader. The second floor of the house was used as a hayloft before an addition was built later on. There is also an historic barn on the property.
Greek Revival, Guilford, Houses
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.