John F. Bingham House (1840)

May 29th, 2015 Posted in Andover, Greek Revival, Houses

John F. Bingham House

The Greek Revival house at 55 Hebron Road in Andover was built in 1840 by John F. Bingham (1808-1844). The Bingham family were descendants of Eleazar Bingham, who purchased land in Andover in 1750 that passed to his grandson, Cyrus Bingham. John F. Bingham was the nephew of Cyrus (he was the son of Cyrus’ brother Harvey Bingham). He received a farm where he built his house and also had a sawmill on Straddle Brook. He also served as Justice of the Peace.

Post a Comment