Charles H. Hubbard House (1840)

February 26th, 2015 Posted in Cromwell, Greek Revival, Houses

Charles H. Hubbard House

The brick Greek Revival house at 354 Main Street in Cromwell was built c. 1840 by Charles H. Hubbard, a mason born in Litchfield. Hubbard married Nancy Haskell of Middletown in 1839 and lived on River Road in Cromwell before moving to his new house. Hubbard died in 1847 and his family sold the house to Eunice Sage, widow of Dewitt C. Sage, in 1865.

Post a Comment