Jehiel Goodrich House (1760)

October 30th, 2014 Posted in Colonial, Glastonbury, Houses

620 Main St., Glastonbury

The house at 620 Main Street, at the corner of Foote Road, in Glastonbury was built by Jehiel Goodrich (1741-1818) around 1760 (but traditionally dates to 1743) on land he had received from his father, William Goodrich (1697 or 1701-1787), in 1758. The ell was added later. A later owner of the house was Earl Hodge, an organizer of the Historical Society of Glastonbury.

Post a Comment