St. Francis of Assisi Church (1904)

April 13th, 2014 Posted in Churches, Gothic, Middletown

St. Francis of Assisi Church

St. Francis of Assisi Parish was established in 1903 to serve the South Farms section of Middletown, as well as the towns of Durham and Middlefield. The parish’s first pastor, Rev. Patrick McGivney, was the brother of Fr. Michael McGivney, the founder of the Knights of Columbus. The parish’s new church (10 Elm Street in Middletown), built at a cost of $27,000, was dedicated on November 4, 1904.

  1. One Response to “St. Francis of Assisi Church (1904)”

  2. By Claudia DeFrance on Apr 16, 2014

    Visit us #saintfrancisofassisi.com for Mass schedule
    #Middletown CT

Post a Comment