Noah Benedict House (1795)

March 17th, 2014 Posted in Colonial, Houses, Woodbury

Second Rev. Noah Benedict House (1795)

Now converted to commercial use, the pyramidal-roofed house at 270 Main Street South in Woodbury has a sign that indicates it was built before 1795 by Rev. Noah Benedict, who was pastor of Woodbury’s Congregational Church. It was actually built by Rev. Benedict for his son, Noah Bennit Benedict. In 1830 it was willed to become a parsonage for the First Congregational Church. The house at 270 Main St S has been home to B. Bourgeois Historic Lighting since 1999.

Post a Comment