Capewell Horse Nail Company Office Building (1900)

January 18th, 2014 Posted in Hartford, Industrial, Romanesque Revival, Tudor Revival

Capewell Horse Nail Company Office Building

The Capewell Horse Nail Company was founded in 1881 by George Capewell, who invented an improved machine for making horseshoe nails. Located next to the old Capewell factory in Hartford is the company’s office building (60 Popieluszko Court, formerly Governor Street), built around 1900. Designed by an unknown architect, the office building features an elaborate brick, brownstone and terra-cotta fa├žade.

Post a Comment