The Bulkeley House (1790)

June 10th, 2009 Posted in Colonial, Houses, New London

bulkeley-house.jpg

The home of Charles Bulkeley, on Bank Street in New London, was built around 1790 and replaced an earlier home burned during Arnold’s 1781 raid on the city. Bulkeley was a soldier in the Revolutionary War and a sea captain who sailed with John Paul Jones. In the 1880s, the house became home to the Klinck Meat Market and an ice house was located in the rear. Today the building is the Bulkeley House Restaurant.

Post a Comment