Saint Mary of the Immaculate Conception Church, Baltic (1911)

December 8th, 2013 Posted in Churches, Colonial Revival, Sprague

Saint Mary of the Immaculate Conception Church

As an industrial village in the nineteenth century, Baltic, in the town of Sprague, became a regional center for the Catholic Church in eastern Connecticut. Buildings constructed for Saint Mary of the Immaculate Conception Parish (founded in 1886) include St. Mary Convent, built in 1888, and the Academy of the Holy Family, built in 1914. The Georgian Revival-style church was built in 1911.

Post a Comment