Newent Congregational Church (1858)

October 13th, 2013 Posted in Churches, Greek Revival, Lisbon

Newent Congregational Church

The Congregational Church in Newent (Lisbon) began as The Meeting House Assembly in 1723. The congregation occupied two buildings before the current Newent Congregational Church was dedicated in 1858. It was designed and built by Ebenezer Tracey, a prominent cabinetmaker from Lisbon. Lisbon’s old “Town House” was moved in 1953 and attached to the southwest corner of the church.

Post a Comment