John Mullings House (1885)

August 13th, 2013 Posted in Houses, Queen Anne, Waterbury

80 Central Ave., Waterbury

Now used as law offices by James Welcome, the house at 80 Central Avenue in Waterbury was built c. 1885-1890 for John Mullings, a tailor and real estate speculator. In 1907, it became the home of Frank Hodson, a saloon keeper, who donated the house in 1923 to the Waterbury Women’s Club. In 1941, it was sold and converted for use as office and apartment space.

Post a Comment