In the nineteenth century, East Haddam‘s Upper Landing was home to a fashionable hotel known as the Champion House. The original brick hotel was built in 1782 for Samuel Phillips Lord and it was later purchased by Noah Buckley. The Federal-style building was later Victorianized and enlarged in 1839, 1858, and 1880. Today, it is the Champion House Apartments.
East Haddam, Federal Style, Hotels
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.