Deep River Town Hall (1893)

February 17th, 2009 Posted in Deep River, Italianate, Public Buildings, Romanesque Revival


Deep River‘s distinctive Town Hall was built in 1893 in a “flatiron” shape to conform to its location, where Elm and Main Streets intersect diagonally. The building originally had businesses and a post office (which moved out in the 1960s) on the first floor, with town offices being on the second floor. The third floor has an auditorium. The building’s granite foundation and the 1905 granite fountain outside were both donated by Samuel F. Snow in memory of his wife.

  1. One Response to “Deep River Town Hall (1893)”

  2. By Betty McCaffrey on May 17, 2016

    Deep River High School held all of its dances and plays there. We did not have a gym or auditorium in the School.

Post a Comment