Southern New England Telephone Company Building (1937)

March 18th, 2013 Posted in Art Deco, Commercial Buildings, New Haven

Southern New England Telephone Company Building (1937)

The former Southern New England Telephone Company Administration Building is an Art Deco skyscraper built in 1937-1938 at 227 Church Street in New Haven. Also known as The Eli (after its conversion to luxury apartments in 2004), it was designed by Roy W. Foote and Douglas Orr, who made extensive use of Stony Creek pink granite. When it was built, it was the city’s tallest building.

Post a Comment