Saint Bernard’s Roman Catholic Church (1895)

January 20th, 2013 Posted in Churches, Gothic, Simsbury

Saint Bernard's Roman Catholic Church, Tariffville

A Catholic chapel was built in Tariffville in Simsbury in 1856 and was destroyed by fire in 1876. A newly completed church was dedicated to St. Bernard in 1879. St. Bernard’s became a parish in 1881. The church was destroyed by fire in 1892 and the current Saint Bernard’s Roman Catholic Church, a wood-frame Gothic edifice on Maple Street, was dedicated in 1895.

Post a Comment