Birmingham National Bank (1892)

December 18th, 2008 Posted in Banks, Commercial Buildings, Derby, Neoclassical, Romanesque Revival

birmingham-national-bank.jpg

The old Birmingham National Bank building is on Main Street in the City of Derby, which was once known as Birmingham. The bank was originally chartered in 1848 as the Manufacturers Bank of Birmingham, with Edward N. Shelton as its first president, and in 1865 became a national bank. Constructed in 1892-1893, the building features an elaborately detailed facade with terra cotta molding in the Sullivanesque, Neo-Grec and Richardsonian Romanesque Revival styles. The building is now the Twisted Vine Restaurant.

  1. One Response to “Birmingham National Bank (1892)”

  2. By Ron on Apr 16, 2012

    This place is amazing huanted for sure, We ate there while we left a recorder up in the attic. The food was Amazing the staff was great and the stuff we got on the recorder made it a 100% great day

Post a Comment