Lynde Lord House (1771)

November 12th, 2012 Posted in Colonial, Houses, Litchfield

The Lynde Lord House, at 179 North Street in Litchfield, was built in 1771. Lynde Lord, Sr. (d. 1801) was High Sheriff of Litchfield County for many years. His granddaughter, Mary Sheldon Lord, married John Pierpont, a poet who was also successively a teacher, lawyer, merchant, and Unitarian minister. In front of the house is a Colonial Revival fence with urn finials.

Post a Comment