The house built in 1815 for Major Timothy Cowles, on Main Street in Farmington, just south of First Congregational Church, is notable for its three pillared porticoes. When the Amistad survivors were staying in Farmington in 1841, Kagne, one of the three young girls in the group, was probably sheltered in the Timothy Cowles House. The house now owned by Miss Porter’s School.
Farmington, Federal Style, Houses
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.