William H. Cadwell House (1891)

September 19th, 2012 Posted in Chateauesque, Houses, New Britain

William H. Cadwell (1863-1941) was New Britain’s leading architect in the nineteenth century. In 1890-1891, he designed and built his own house, at 130 West Main Street in New Britain, as a gift for his new bridge, Frances Hadley (1871-1958). The ornate Cadwell House is a Chateauesque residence constructed of yellow brick, limestone and Portland brownstone with terra cotta ornamentation and slate roofs. The house is now home to the law firm of Camp, Williams, and Richardson.

  1. One Response to “William H. Cadwell House (1891)”

  2. By Kenneth J. Carifa on Sep 19, 2012

    The law firm of Camp Williams & RIchardson dissolved in 2011. The office is owned by myself and currently houses the law offices of Kenneth J. Carifa and of Ralph D. Sherman.

Post a Comment