The first meetinghouse of the Wolcott Congregational Church was built in 1773 on “Benson’s Hill” in Farmingbury, where Farmington and Waterbury then met. It is now the location of Wolcott Green. Farmingbury became the Town of Wolcott in 1796. The current church was constructed in 1841-1842 on the site of the earlier meetinghouse, which burned down in 1839. Brick additions were made to the church in the 1930s and a parish house was attached around 1950.
Churches, Greek Revival, Wolcott
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.