The house at 70 Central Avenue in Waterbury was built between 1890 and 1896. It was originally a Queen Anne house, but was converted into the Colonial Revival style by W.S. Rushmore Wake, owner of the Boston Furniture Company. In 1923, the house was bought by Idris Alderson, who founded Alderson Funeral Home. Today it is the McAuliffe Center, opened in 2009 by Connecticut Renaissance.
Colonial Revival, Houses, Waterbury