The William & Stephen Conger House, at 616-618 Kossuth Street in Bridgeport, was built in 1854 for two coach trimmers. The house was remodeled in 1864 by John Barr. Renovated in the 1980s, the Conger House eventually became vacant again for a decade, suffering neglect, vandalism and exposure to the elements. In 2007 the house was rehabilitated by the Mutual Housing Association Of Southwestern CT with Catholic Charities to provide housing with services for 16 formerly homeless individuals with special needs.
Bridgeport, Houses, Italianate