Sacred Heart Catholic Church, at Ely and Winthrop Streets in Hartford, was erected by a congregation of German immigrants who first organized in 1872. The church began with a basement chapel, designed by Michael O’Danahue and completed in 1893. The Gothic structure with yellow brick facade was completed by architect George A. Zunner, Sr. and was dedicated in 1917. Today, the church has a primarily Puerto Rican congregation.
Churches, Gothic, Hartford