The Simeon Belden House (1767)

August 11th, 2007 Posted in Colonial, Houses, Wethersfield

simeonbeldenhouse.jpg

Built in 1767, on Main Street in Wethersfield, for Simeon Belden, who married Martha, daughter of the minister, James Lockwood. It has a gambrel roof, similar to that of the Webb House and other nearby houses in Wethersfield. The Simeon Belden House is one of very few remaining in the Connecticut River Valley to have its original broken scroll, or swan’s neck, doorway pediment. The house, adjacent to Comstock, Ferre & Co., is currently used as offices and also houses the Krown & Kringle Danish pasty shop.

  1. 2 Responses to “The Simeon Belden House (1767)”

  2. By Sherry on Dec 30, 2010

    The Belden Home is now Connecticut’s Exclusive Living History Refined Society Tea Parlor, Grand Opening 1/22/2011, see our website Refinedsocietyteaparlor.com

  1. 1 Trackback(s)

  2. Sep 5, 2017: Labor Day in Old Wethersfield – Mrs. Smythe

Post a Comment