The corner stone of the former Masonic Temple at 199-203 Ann Street in Hartford was laid on September 22, 1894. The completed building was first opened for lodge meetings in September, 1895 and the building was officially dedicated on July 14, 1896. Displaying a variety of Masonic symbols, it was designed by architect Brooks M. Lincoln of Hartford (1852-1898). No longer used as a Masonic hall, the building was converted into offices in 1982 and its original stained glass windows have been replaced with clear glass.
Gothic, Hartford, Organizations, Renaissance Revival