The Sachem Farmhouse, at 15 Hopkins Road in Warren, overlooking Lake Waramaug, is just down the road from the Hopkins Inn. The house was built in 1870. In 1895, it was purchased by George Hopkins from the Beeman family. The Hopkins House was already being operated as a boarding house and George Hopkins also opened the Beeman House to guests, naming it the Sachem. It remained open until 1960. Still owned by Hopkins descendants, it opened again in 2007 as the Sachem Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast.
The Hopkins Inn, overlooking Lake Waramaug in Warren, was opened in 1847 as a summer boarding house by Deacon William Hopkins on the farm he had inherited from his father, Elijah Hopkins. His son and grandsons, including George C. Hopkins, continued to operate the boarding house. Closed during the Second World War, it was reopened in 1945 by William Hopkins’ great-grandson, George Hosford Hopkins, and continues in operation today as an inn, restaurant and vineyard.