The Jonathon Weston House, located at 5 Common Road in Willington, was built before 1835 as a story-and-a-half Cape Cod-type house attached to a to a single story earlier building. Between 1897 and 1955 the house was converted to two stories. The maple trees on the front lawn were planted by W.W. Curtiss in 1877.
Located at 275 Carrington Road in Bethany is a house erected by Beri Beecher (died 1886) as a weeding gift for his new bride in 1834. The house remained in the Beecher family until 1900. Wallace Saxton, who served as First Selectman of Bethany from 1945 to 1953, lived in the house from 1905 to 1950. The property has been known as “Hillside Acres” and more recently as “Pear Tree Farm.” The house has a large Georgian Colonial addition constructed in 1991.
Truman A. Warren, a wealthy Watertown manufacturer, erected his large Italianate house in 1851 (Address: 5 The Green, Watertown). In 1859 he erected a cottage for his coachman next door (Address: 15 The Green).
The house at 699 Tolland Stage Road in Tolland was built c. 1792. According to Around and About the Tolland Green (2002) by Christine Gray, a resident of the house was a Dr. Brace, an apothecary whose medicine bottles are on display at the Old Tolland County Jail and Museum.
Benjamin Bulkeley was the cousin of Capt. Charles Bulkeley, who built the impressive gambrel-roofed house at 56 Broad Street Green in Wethersfield. Benjamin built his own house at 106 Broad Street c. 1792. The house has later nineteenth-century alterations.
The Lawrence R. Shea Building, at 43-47 Bank Street in New London, was built in 1903. The building once had an elaborate Classical Revival cornice, long since removed. The building was redeveloped c. 1984.